Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Friday, February 14, 2014

Ford: 2 Weeks Old

Still trying to catch up on the blog (and everything else, it seems...I am not sure how I will ever get anything accomplished again), so this post will be short on words, but long on pictures. :)  Here is sweet Ford at 2 weeks old.  His 3rd week was so special.  My mom came to stay and help out and we had so much fun with the big kids and with Ford.  Parenting is so much more fun with good company! :)

Here is sweet Ford at 2 weeks.







I love baby toes. :)

Ford always subtly lets me know when he would like a photo shoot to end...
Ford really got into his play mat this week...and his love of it has continued.  He loves to look at his silly bugs and wave his arms and legs wildly.  Watching his manic movements on his play mat makes me realize why I felt so much movement during pregnancy--this is a busy little guy!  He is especially funny on his tummy.  He scoots around so much that I typically find him off his mat, several feet from where I left him.  Charlie and Evie love to see him "crawling."

Ford did great at his 2-week appointment and weighed in at 8 lbs., 2 oz., well above his birth weight.  
His other stats:

Weight: 8 lbs., 2 oz. (50%)
Length: 21" (70%)
Head: 14.5" (50%)

Right at 2 weeks, Ford lost his circumcision ring (TMI, right???) and his umbilical cord (or, as Evie calls it, "Ford's yucky penis").  We celebrated by giving Ford his first bath and he loved it.  MUCH better than sponge bath.  It has become one of our favorite activities to do together--I've been bathing him even when he doesn't really need it (but Mr. Spit Up usually really needs it :).


Post-bath cuddles are pretty awesome.
Ah is going to hate me for taking a picture of her in her robe, but I had to document that she was here!!  We love you, Ah. :)
Speaking of robes, Charlie and Evie told me that they thought Ah needed a new robe for her birthday.  I don't know why they would think that!! ;)
Happy 2 weeks, Mr. Ford!

No comments:

Post a Comment