Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Ford William

After a worrisome weekend in December, my pregnancy settled down quite a bit and it seemed like the baby's birth day would never come.  Finally, on January 28, 2014, at 39 weeks pregnant, Clint and I headed to the hospital at 5:30 in the morning for our scheduled c-section.  We were so lucky that the baby waited until his scheduled day--not only were we glad to be delivering a full-term baby, but it was so nice to have my parents in town, the kids taken care of, and be ready to go.  I was SO excited this morning; I could hardly sleep the night before and was up at 4:00 just itching to get to the hospital!

Here are me and Clint, eagerly headed out.
Last (only?) belly pic: 39 weeks pregnant!
I am not a fan of needles, so I was much happier once I had my IV in place (below :).  For some reason, that bothers me more than the epidural or the c-section itself!
The surgery started a few minutes late, at 8:00 a.m., and at 8:17, we heard that sweet cry that we had been waiting 9 months for.  Clint peeked over the curtain and said, "it IS a boy!," and Ford William was born!  I was so eager to see him, but had to wait until he had been cleaned up and weighed.  Luckily, Clint was running back and forth between me and Ford and bringing me pictures on his iPhone.  I just about died when I saw that first picture of Ford (below).  I thought he was the most adorable little thing and couldn't wait to get my hands on him.
Ford weighed in at 7 lbs., 8 oz., and measured 19.5 inches long (1 ounce smaller than Evie and 8 ounces smaller than Charlie).  The mad little guy was so ready to get wrapped up!

After what seemed like an eternity, Clint brought him over to me for a quick look.  I know it sounds cheesy, but I completely melted and couldn't stop staring at him.  I loved kissing those chubby, soft little cheeks.
Then, they took him off for more fiddling...
...and Daddy got to put on his first diaper.

Finally!  So happy to be done and cuddling with his Daddy.
The rest of the surgery went SO fast after Clint brought him back. :)
The entire surgery took only 40 minutes, which felt really quick, especially after Ford was out.  Everything went great, which was such a relief.  I was so much more nervous this time!  Here is Ford with Dr. Carter, the amazing doctor who got me through all three pregnancies and delivered all three of our babies.  We are eternally grateful to him!
After they moved me to my recovery bed, I got to hold Ford as they wheeled me out of the OR.  There is nothing better than holding your baby for the first time.  He opened his little eyes for the first time and looked up at me and I just couldn't get enough of him!

We got some cuddle time and feeding time in the recovery room (Ford did great with both) and then Papa, Ahh, Sam, Audra and Elle arrived.  Ford was so thrilled with his welcoming committee!

Little Elle suddenly looked huge next to Ford!

This girl was all smiles and totally stole the show. :)

We made it up to the room around noon and spent the rest of the day enjoying Mr. Ford.



I love this little cuddle bunny!
Sweet boy. :)

Poor Ford HATED his first bath, but we wanted him nice and clean before his brother and sister arrived to meet him!


He relaxed a little for the hair part and kind of enjoyed his spa treatment. :)

Ford was so thoughtful and came prepared with cookies for his big brother and sister.  These, not surprisingly, were very well-received.
First photo as a family of FIVE!
Very proud big sister Evie couldn't believe we were letting her hold a baby.  But the hospital was overwhelming to her and she couldn't quite focus on Ford.  She was much more concerned with making clear to me that she did not like my hospital gown and wanted me to get it off.  She also did not like my hospital bracelets or the IV.  Poor Evie--I know just how she feels!
Charlie was such a proud big brother.  He knew a little more what to expect, as we had been going over photos and videos of the day Evie was born and had discussed Mommy being in a hospital bed and having an IV.  Charlie was so adorable with Ford.  He couldn't wait to hold him, and when he did, he whispered to me that he had really been wanting to sing Ford a lullaby.  I told him Ford would love that and he proceeded to sing "Rock a Bye Ford" in the sweetest little voice ever.  He kept hugging and kissing him and while he was looking down at him he said, "Mommy, I just love baby Ford so much!"  Ford is so lucky to have such a sweet big brother and sister!



Happy birthday Ford William!  We love you so, so much!

1 comment: