Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Winter Walk

As I was coming off bed rest, we had my mom in town helping out and we decided to meet Sam, Audra, and Elle out at the lake one afternoon for a chilly winter walk.  My two wild ones were not as easy to walk with as sweet, cuddly Elle, but they did provide lots of amusement.  Charlie was SO proud to be riding his bike on the trail.  I don't know if I've ever seen him so puffed up.  He kept saying, "I can't wait for Sam and Auga to see me riding my bike!"  He did great on the trail and stayed very safe (so safe, in fact, that he rode down a hill at about 1 mph--I think we successfully impressed upon him that he needs to go slowly down hills!).

Evie spent about 5 minutes in her stroller...
...until she decided she needed to ride her scooter.  Then things really became wild.  E turned into a little drunken sailor, zig zagging around the trail, laughing crazily, wildly trying to throw her leg on top of the scooter handles while riding it, speeding down the trail and then halting completely, etc.  It would have been funny if I wasn't trying to keep her from getting hit and on track.

Wild woman.
Expert rider.
The kids are loving baby Elle right now.  They are BIG helpers, and luckily, have been pretty good about not getting too close to her.  Evie especially finds her just amazing.  She has been on a kick lately about labeling people as "bad" (her "bad" list includes Ahh, Papa (from time to time), Mimi, PawPaw, Jesus, and Santa).  Charlie was teasing her the other day and said that Baby Elle was bad.  Evie was so horrified by this and said "no, no Caga!  Baby Elle is not bad.  She is tiny!"  Tiny, in Evie's world, is synonymous with Godliness. :)



Sam and Auga also have never made the bad list. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment