Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Halloween was so much fun this year.  If you had told me last year--when I was walking around 9 months pregnant--that I would be chasing two kids around this year, I would have found it hard to believe.  But Evie was running around with Charlie this year, having the best time.  She tried her best to keep up with him on the trick or treating, even though she had no idea what we were doing.  Charlie totally got it this year and once he realized that candy was involved, he took his mission very seriously.  He wanted to hit up every house with lights on and was determined to say “Trick or Treat” and “Happy Halloween” at every one.  God forbid we miss a house, because he would insist that we go back and visit it.  We stayed close to home this year and I was glad.  It was so fun seeing our neighbors out and about on such a pretty evening.  Charlie and I stayed up late handing out candy and that was fun as well.  Charlie was determined to put at least one piece of candy in everyone’s bag on his own, and a few people got chased down because they hadn't gotten a piece of candy directly from him.  It was so funny watching him carefully pick each person's candy, telling them, "this is a good one!"

We started the day off with some pumpkin carving.  I was so glad we did this, as the kids were SO proud of their Jack o' Lantern.


 Evie wasn't quite as interested in the actual carving as Charlie was, but she was thrilled with the extra chunks of pumpkin.  Apparently I need to add more pumpkin to her diet!
 I was so glad to have an expert carver (my Mom) with us this year.  Made it go much faster, which I think is the most important part of pumpkin carving with a 2-year-old and a 1-year-old. :)

 Showing off their Jack o' Lantern...
 ...and their latest favorite activity: fighting over food!
 The finished product!
 Here's my little fireman, all dressed up for his evening.  Charlie was so proud of his costume, but took it very seriously.  He cried when he thought we weren't going to let him wear his jacket (silly us, thinking he needed a shirt under it :), and got very upset about his lack of fireman boots.  I think I'm going to have to step up my costume game next year!
 Here's the fireman with Evie, his "dalmatian dog."


 She hates the hat, but isn't it adorable?
 I just loved seeing that little tail wagging around the neighborhood. :)
 Daddy made it home just in time for trick or treating.  Yay!
 We encountered a real fire when we started out on our trick or treating...
 ...Charlie looked very nervous around the fire.  I think he thought we thought he was a real fireman and would make him put it out.  I think he was regretting the "real" look of his costume at this point. :)
 The little dalmatian enjoyed herself too!
What a fun, happy evening.  There is nothing more fun than experiencing holidays through kids' eyes.  Brings back so many good memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment