Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Mother's Day

I almost forgot this post...but how could I?  I had an amazing Mother's Day this year.  It is so fun to celebrate Mother's Day on Charlie's birthday weekend, the anniversary of when I first became a mother!  We were a little worn out from the birthday festivities, but everyone rallied and gave me (and my Mom) a wonderful day.  We went to church and then to a fun brunch with my parents (so fun that they were still in town!).

Here is my sweet family.
 And here are the kids and I with my mom, who is just SUCH a special mother and grandmother.  We love you so, Ahh!

 I tried to get a picture of the happy brunching crowd, but due to Clint's awesome expression and Evie's hysterics over the fact that I stepped more than 12 inches from her in order to snap the pic, it looks a bit less fun than it actually was.  Luckily, Ahh is doing her part to look cheerful. :)
 Charlie loves to imitate his Papa, and I must say, he totally has his expressions down!


 The kids were obsessed with the chicken coop.  I loved hearing Evie's eager little "bawk bawk bawk!"

I got an a very awesome present that I'm guessing was selected by Daddy, and two really amazing gifts that the kids made.  I never thought I would love homemade gifts so much, but these really are my favorites! [Clint, don't take that as an excuse to stop picking gifts--your's is very loved too. :)]

Sweet Evie "made" me the cutest flower.

 And Charlie made me the best painting.  Nothing beat the presentation--Charlie running toward me, proudly waving his painting, yelling "Happy Mother's Day, Mommy!" and giving me a big hug.  Gotta love him. :)
Mother's Day is so fun these days!  Thanks to my sweet hubby and kids for making it special.

No comments:

Post a Comment