Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Last Day of School

We had our last day of school last week and it was so bittersweet.  I am excited about summer, but I will miss our sweet teachers and friends so much.  We aren't going back to this school next year (the drive was just too long), and since I loved the school, the finality of the last day made it even harder for me.  I am so glad Charlie and Evie had such a fun, stimulating, exciting first year.

Here are the two little ragamuffins on their way in to school (pictures aren't great, but we were ten minutes late and I was trying to knock them out quickly).  
 Don't think that Charlie and I are just shirking our bag-carrying responsibilities and over-burdening Miss E; she insists on carrying ALL of the "pack packs" herself.
 I think she finally hit her limit...3 pack packs was just too many. :)
 Charlie's class tried to get a picture with the teachers after school, but 3-year-olds are not the most compliant lot, especially when they are still waking up from their naps.  Luckily, Charlie was so groggy that he was quite compliant. :)
 Miss Vicky and Charlie.
 Just for comparison's sake, here are the pictures from our first day of school.  It seems like just yesterday, but I am astounded at how different both kids are now.  It makes me so sad! [Note that Charlie's face is scarred in both pics--skinned nose on first day, black eye on last day. :)]
 Can you believe I sent this baby off to school?  I feel so guilty!!

Here's to a fun summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment