Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Monday, September 2, 2013

Our First Circus

We missed the circus last year, and so I was determined not to miss it this year.  I don't think I've been to the circus since I was a toddler, so I was pretty pumped to get back and see what it was like.  The kids were super excited too, although they had no idea what to expect.

Here we are getting ready to find our seats...taking two separate photos because someone wouldn't pony up the $25 for a family shot with an awesome Barnum & Bailey background.  Party pooper.
Can you see all the amazing souvenirs?  Getting kids past these without getting your wallet out is not easy, but Daddy prevailed. :)
After we walked around for a few minutes and then made our way to our seats, it was circus time!
I love this picture of Charlie.  He literally sat like this the entire show.  He was completely transfixed, and didn't want to be bothered at all.  Usually he has lots of questions, but there was so much going on here, he just sat perfectly still and took it all in.  We tried to make Evie share her popcorn with him in the second half, but he didn't want to be bothered even for that!
The famous Barnum & Bailey "el-pants" were Evie's very favorite thing.  She talks about them (i.e., says "el-pants!") every time someone asks about the circus.  

Charlie and I loved the lions and tigers.  I still don't know how the lion-tamer does it!
Charlie also loved the motorcycle guys (surprise, surprise).  It was pretty cool, especially when they managed to fit eight motorcycles in this ball, all going at once.  Crazy!
I love the trapeze...still regretting not doing the trapeze lessons when we were in NYC. :)
Clint bought me a bottled water, but someone else immediately became very "dirsty!" and I didn't see too much of it. :)
The theme this year was "dragons," and I am just sick that I didn't get a picture of the giant dragon at the end.  I thought the real animals would be the favorites, but Charlie was most fascinated by the "dragon who sprays fire out of his mouth!"  I think he is suspicious that it may not be real, however, as he continues to ask me why it didn't get off the trailer that moved it around. :)

Overall, this was such a fun experience, and both kids just loved it.  I knew Charlie would do great, but I was surprised at how well Evie lasted (especially when Clint brought her a bag of popcorn :).  If you haven't been, I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment