Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Monday, January 21, 2013

Snow Day!

We woke up to snow last week and it was so exciting!  I couldn't believe it when I looked out the windows and saw that our yard was completely white.  I ran upstairs to tell Charlie and he was pumped.  He was so excited when he looked out the window and immediately ran into Evie's room yelling, "Evie, it's SNOW!!"  They had trouble getting through breakfast/diaper changes/putting on clothes, but once we got all that behind us, we rushed out to play.  They were fascinated with the snow, but not thrilled with its coldness (I forgot to put mittens on them before we went out).  I thought about keeping them home for a snow day, but since Tuesday is the only day of the week they both go to school, I just couldn't bear to lose my day to myself.  But I felt like a terrible mommy, especially when I drove back from dropping them off and saw another mom building a snowman with her kids (knife in the heart!).  And then, to add insult to injury, the snow was gone when school let out and hasn't been back since.  I don't think Charlie has quite forgiven me, so we are all hoping we have another snow day before this winter is over!

Daddy is working nights right now and got home just in time to play in the snow with us.  Such a treat!


It was SO cold.  Charlie insisted on having his hood on his head!


Even Miss Mouse knew this was an exciting event. :)


 I love our white yard!




No comments:

Post a Comment