Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Monday, January 14, 2013

Merry Christmas, From Our Family to Yours!

Our Christmas card was simpler this year than our previous, but I just loved this picture of my two little ones.  It so captures their relationship right now--loving, happy, and just a tad big dangerous for Evie (I think the hug got a bit too tight a few seconds after this one was snapped :).
The card didn't scan as well as I'd hoped, but here's the original photo:
This was taken as part of a fall photo shoot that I had done to celebrate Evie's first year with our family.  They turned out well, but photo shoots with young children are always more stressful than I imagine they will be.  Charlie did great, totally hamming it up for our photographer.  Evie, on the other hand, was terrified by the new person in our presence and wanted nothing to do with her.  And was so nervous about her being around that she did not want me to put her down.  Not the best formula for good photos, but I think they turned out pretty well--just not quite as many of Miss E as I had hoped.

This would have been on the back of our card, but I was too cheap to pay the extra $40. :)

This one of C and E cracks me up.  This was taken toward the end of our shoot and they were both melting down, but the photo above was the only one she'd gotten of the two of them.  Our photographer finally got them to settle down by pulling out a book and Simba doll from the backseat of her car.  So random! :)










I did a short re-shoot with the kids to try to get one more good photo of the two of them together (sans Simba) and one or two of Evie.  Unfortunately, Evie's fear of our photographer had not subsided and I had trouble getting her to relax and let me put her down.  So a lot of our photos feature Evie looking anxious and me holding her (it looks a bit like we decided to cut Daddy out of the shot :).
The only way we could settle her down this time was with my iPhone.  Next time we do a photo shoot, I am packing cuter props!




No comments:

Post a Comment