Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Milestones

With a 2-year-old and a 7-month-old in the house, we are hitting milestones faster than we can count.  It's amazing what a difference a week makes around here.  Take one week at the beginning of June (I know, I'm late on my post, yet again... :).

June 8: Charlie pee-peed in the potty for the first time (with two in diapers I am getting SO excited about potty training!!) and got a sticker.  This could not have gone better--he loved the sticker and later, at the park, several kids were exclaiming over it and just dying to "borrow" it.  Charlie has never been so proud of a sticker in his life. :)  We've had a few more successes with the potty, but I'm not pushing it yet.  Hopefully soon!
June 6: Evie pulled up!  You've never seen anyone so proud of an accomplishment.  She loves standing so much, especially if she gets up on her own.  You have never seen a bigger smile. She's getting pretty steady on her feet, and even stood on her own for a few minutes the other night.  Scary for me, but exciting for Evie. :)  
June ?-present: This is more an almost-milestone, but Evie is almost crawling.  Every day I think that she's going to take off, but she hasn't quite done it yet (she crawls a few "steps" every day, but hasn't quite gained the confidence to keep going).  Here she is pre-lunge...
...and post-lunge, getting ready to kind-of, almost, not really crawl.  In her determination to not-crawl, Evie has figured out clever ways to get what she wants.  She lunges into crawling position, scoots/crawls forward a few inches, and then rotates around and sits up. She will repeat these goofy movements until she gets where she's going (or, more typically, forgets where she's going and enjoys the spot she's ended up in :).
June 12: And Evie is walking!!  Haha, just kidding.  But she does love to push Charlie in the little red wagon. :)
June 7: Back to Charlie, who learned how to pedal his trike!  He was so proud of his accomplishment, and has been having a blast riding up and down the sidewalk on his "bike."  He waves to everyone who walks or drives by, and loudly proclaims that "I am riding my bike."


June 3: Charlie's been riding his scooter for a while, but in that same week, he really took off.  He shoots down the sidewalk at an alarmingly fast rate of speed and has even figured out how to glide back and forth and makes some pretty sharp turns.  He LOVES his scooter more than anything else right now.  I tried to get him to come with me to playgroup yesterday, but he told me he was going to "stay home with my scooter."  Glad he's content to be home!



Final milestone: Charlie and I met Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker.  That's a milestone, right? ;)
Weeks like this are fun, but it is frightening how fast these little ones are growing up.  I am just painfully nostalgic about my time with these two!

No comments:

Post a Comment