Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Monday, October 25, 2010

Charlie Gets Baptized

Charlie was baptized at our church in Dallas last weekend (on October 17, 2010), and it was such a special ceremony, celebration and weekend. As I said in my last post, some of Charlie's favorite people came up for the occassion--my parents (Papa and Ali), my aunt (Dede), Clint's parents (Pawpaw and Mimi), my sister and brother-in-law (and Charlie's godparents) (Meg and Graeme), and my brother and future sister-in-law (Sam and Audra). We also had some of Charlie's favorite Dallas friends (Edward, Abbey, George, Ann, and Brad) join us for lunch after the baptism. Charlie felt so loved and so lucky to have so many of his favorite people gathered in one place--and to honor him! The weather was beautiful, the day was wonderful, and I so enjoyed all the smiles and laughs over the course of the weekend. Charlie enjoyed getting to be a part of the gathering and got in quite a few laughs of his own--this little one loves a party!

Here's Charlie in his baptism hat. I think he looks like a precious little Colonial boy, but Pawpaw was horrified. :)

My only regret is that we didn't get a big family picture in the church. When you see the picture below (Charlie with Clint, me, and his beloved godparents), you will see why. :)

A group picture before the ceremony...

Little Colonial boy joins the Kirkendall kids for a picture.



Charlie got in some good laughs with the group after his nap...

And then on to presents! Charlie loved his little lamb...

And was particularly excited about his silver spoon.

Proof that Charlie was born with a silver spoon in his mouth (or born trying desperately to get it in there :).

Relaxing with Uncle Graeme and his new dinosaur while Mom finishes opening...

And on to pictures outside! Here's Charlie with Papa and Ali...

and with Mimi and Pawpaw...

and with Sam and Audra.

After all that fun, Charlie was spent!


No comments:

Post a Comment