Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Beaver Creek, Day 3

We were pretty exhausted from a packed day and late night on Tuesday, so we vowed to make Wednesday a more relaxed day.  We started out ok, but ended up with another late night and four exhausted Burri.  But it was a fun day, so worth the exhaustion. :)

Starting out slow and letting Charlie watch some football in the you can tell, the little guy takes his football-watching very seriously!
 We tore him away from Sportscenter and Clint took him out to explore while Evie snoozed.  Apparently they pretend-fished and caught worms.  Charlie is very pleased with his worm here.

 After Evie woke up, we headed to the park to play and have a picnic lunch.  Here are the kids on the way to the park.  Note my new love--our new double umbrella stroller.  It was a life-saver on this trip!!
 The park was so picturesque.  We loved this little stream that went through the middle.
 Evie loves swinging.  She tries to smile bigger and bigger to make sure we know she enjoying herself so we don't get any ideas about cutting her swinging time short. :)

 Clint made Charlie a fishing pole and it was a huge hit.  Luckily, the fish were biting that day!

 After a long nap back in the room, Clint and I decided we'd had enough of our relaxing day and decided to try another hike.  We picked the Shrine Ridge Trail, which turned out to be a great find.  It had beautiful views and was a lot of fun to explore.
 Here are the boys at the beginning of the hike.

 Me & my little hiking companion.  Eves and I got some serious quality time on our hikes!
 Charlie loves climbing rocks and trees!
 We were amazed at Charlie's endurance on this hike.  He started out on Clint's shoulders, but ended up doing the majority of the 4.2-mile hike on his own.  He climbed rocks, ran up the trails, and entertained us with stories and songs the entire time.  I still can't believe how far (and fast) he walked!
 Charlie's favorite part was climbing up the mountain.  He would not let Clint even think about carrying him up.

  We climbed around 760 feet to an ultimate height of 11,800 at the Shrine Mountain Summit.  Charlie was SO proud of himself at the top. :)

 The hike took longer than we expected, so it was LATE when we finally got back to the room.  The kids were wired and WILD every night in our room.  It is hard to capture their craziness in photographs, but I attempted here.  

Charlie was diving off the furniture while Evie screeched and screamed with excitement. :)

 They loved crawling around the room together.  Their favorite game is to hide under or behind furniture and pop out and surprise each other.  I loved hearing their happy little shrieks and laughs. :)
After getting the two crazies to bed, Clint and I treated ourselves to a room-service dinner and a movie. Room service has never tasted so good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment