Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Will's Wedding Weekend

As I mentioned in the previous post, Charlie, Evie and I went to Seguin for my cousin Will's wedding last weekend [and I should mention that the kiddos were amazing on the car trip--for some reason, the trips have been easier with two! (it's the only thing that's been easier, but I'll take what I can get :)].  We had a great time seeing family and Evie and I had a wonderful time at the wedding.  Weekends like this make me so grateful for my sweet parents and siblings, our big extended family, and all the little ones.  They have so much fun together--brings back so many fun memories of all of us together as kids.  Just wish we could all be together more often!

Charlie decided that he would "pay" for our stay with yard work.  He helped Papa with the leaves, and I'm sure he made Papa's job SO much easier. :)
The helper took more than a few breaks to play in the leaves...

Megan, Chris, and Elec were in town from LA for the wedding and it was so good to see them again.  Charlie and Elec are only 3 months apart, and they are starting to play together a bit.  Elec is so adorable, and watching the boys together made me wish the Parks lived closer!
Charlie, adorned with stickers, thanks to Lizzie and Emma. :)
Here's Kay Kay (known to Charlie as Big Piggy's other half), and the lovely flower girls, Lizzie and Emma.
Evie tried to join in on the cousin fun. :)
Elec and Charlie headed outside to do some more yard work.  Charlie tried hard to keep Elec away from the leaf blower and rake, telling him they are "Papa's!"  



Without a rake of his own, Elec decided it would be easier to just throw away the leaves one at a time...
Apparently some people get to use Papa's rake.


Charlie and Evie love reading stories with Papa before bed.  Is it just me, or does Evie look a bit bored with the Big Truck Book?  [The book, by the way, is a hand-me-down from Jackson, and Charlie's new favorite obsession.  The boy can't count and doesn't know his colors, but he knows every truck, tractor, and backhoe in the book!]

Here's Evie relaxing with Ali (one of her favorite pastimes).  Ali accompanied us back to Dallas and we were SO grateful.  The trip and the transition back home were so much easier and more fun with Ali along!
Can't wait to go to Seguin again!

No comments:

Post a Comment