Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Weekend in Seguin & La Vernia

Last weekend, Clint had two residency interviews in the Central Texas area, so Charlie and I headed down that way with him and spent the weekend in Seguin with my family. On Saturday, a big group of us hung out at our ranch in La Vernia. It was beautiful weather and just a perfect day. Charlie loved getting to hang out at the ranch and I enjoyed getting to spend a lovely fall day there. And SO good to see all the fam!

Here is the log cabin that my grandfather and great-grandfather built...
And the tank next to the cabin.
Mom made Clint and I pose for a family photo. Charlie--who was sleeping in the car--is noticeably absent...
The newly engaged couple came out to enjoy the fun...
And Clint and Jackson chased me with deer guts (don't ask).
A Julia sandwich (and Julia got her cast off--yay!).
Charlie LOVED swinging on the porch at the House on the Hill. I love seeing Charlie enjoy this porch--my grandparents lived in the House on the Hill while I was growing up and I have such wonderful memories of sitting outside with them on the porch swing. I hope he grows to appreciate this porch as much as I do--luckily, we have a good start! :)

Baby Katie also got some swinging in...
While the boys played in the grass.
Important matters were discussed...
And then the tormenting began... :)

We also made a trek to the treehouse that my Uncle Robie and Aunt Dede are building. It is AWESOME--we cannot wait for our first camping trip up there!!!



Can't wait to come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment