Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Play Date with Elizabeth & Trey

Charlie and I got to have another fun play date with Elizabeth and Trey (3 weeks younger than Charlie) yesterday. We planned to go swimming, but arrived to find that the pool was already closed for the year. It made me realize that summer really is over and I'm getting pretty nostalgic about all the changes coming up (although I will be sad to say goodbye to summer, I will NOT be sorry to say goodbye to these hot temperatures). This play date was a little bittersweet, as Elizabeth and I are both heading back to work in the next two weeks (we are both attorneys at the same firm)--Elizabeth goes back next Tuesday and I return the following. I cannot believe my time at home with Charlie is coming to an end--and I can tell that my next week and a half of posts may be a bit sappy and emotional, so bear with me...it's just been really, really unbelievably great being at home with the little man. :)

Anyway, back to the play date. Since the pool was closed, we opted to walk around and hang out in the park, which turned out to be really fun. The boys were very interested in each other for the first time--Trey smiled at Charlie and Charlie looked very quizzically at him in return--and I think they will enjoy being in day care together (we found out yesterday that they will be in the same room!).

Here's Charlie relaxing in the park. Peas (Peace) out dude.
The swans were beautiful (but fearless). This guy got really close to us!

I couldn't believe how much Trey had grown. He's looking more and more like a little boy! He is still just a sweet, happy little baby. What a cutie!
Charlie looks very perplexed here, but he really did enjoy the park. I swear.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, those boys are such cuties. Katie, Charlie is starting to look like a little boy, too. I just cannot believe how much he has grown. WOW! And, I am glad he will have a buddy at day care. I am hoping for a smooth transition for both of you. Miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete