Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Overheard

Charlie has been pretending a lot lately, and it is so fun to just listen in and see what he comes up with.  It offers such funny little insights into his world--very helpful, since he does not like to answer my probing questions about his feelings. :)

Today, he was playing with two trains (one apparently named "Harold" and the other, "Charlie").  Charlie spoke for both, and the back-and-forth was hilarious.

Harold (in a slightly higher-pitched voice than Charlie's): "I don't know how to open this box."
Charlie: "I do, because I'm a big boy."
Harold: "You're my best big boy, Charlie!"
Charlie: "I have to go to work now Harold."
Harold: "No, I don't want you to go to work Charlie."
Charlie: "Well, that's what big boys do so I'm going to go to work and move some boxes."
Harold: "Bye Charlie."
Charlie: "Bye Harold."
(Moving boxes now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment