Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Evie: 15 Months Old

Most of my sweet details about Miss Mouse at this age are going in the next post, but I just wanted to do a quick post with her 15-month stats.  We had her well visit today and it went great.  Evie became furious only twice during the visit--once when she had to relinquish her snack holder so that Dr. Denison could check her throat, and the other time when she got her shots.   But Dr. Denison said she looked great (aside from the fluid on her ears again; hopefully we can get this figured out), was growing nicely, and was quite healthy.  And Miss E rocked Ages & Stages again, so it appears we are on track. :)

Here are her current stats:

Weight: 22 lbs. (40%)
Height: 32.75 in. (92%)
Head: 18.5 in. (75%)

Although the appointment itself went well, Evie and I had traumatic experiences both before and after.  I proudly pulled up to our doctor's office 15 minutes early (unheard of for me), and jumped out of the car, only to realize I had locked it with my keys, my phone, and most importantly, sweet Evie inside.  Evie was SO mad at me.  She screamed for the entire 15 minutes it took for Clint to arrive.  I was a total mess by the time he got there, but luckily, aside from being a bit teary, she was unharmed and recovered quickly from the ordeal.

After we left the appointment, we headed over the Preston/Royal shopping center to play at Kidville and shop at Toy Maven.  As I was getting her out of her carseat in front of Toy Maven, we heard a huge crash.  We ran over to the store and saw that a car had plowed through the front windows and driven all the way to the back of the store!  Luckily, no one was injured--just a lot of people very shaken.  I feel so blessed that we had not gone in yet!

Here's a picture from the scene.  So scary!!
Finally, our most exciting news from the day: my cousin Megan delivered her twin girls!  Sweet Annie Lou (Lou) and Georgie were born in Los Angeles this afternoon.  Aren't they adorable??  We cannot wait to meet them!

No comments:

Post a Comment