Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

So many changes...

I feel like these two little kids are growing up so fast.  Some days I want to freeze time and spend more time with them at this stage and other days, when they are particularly fussy, the passage of time doesn't seem quite so dreadful. :)  But, like it or not, they are changing and growing up.  That was brought home to me the other day when Evie started cooing.  Seriously??  I am still thinking of her as a brand-newborn and all of a sudden she's smiling and "talking."  So weird [and SO adorable--her tiny, high little voice is really sweet. :)]. And then, today, I went to get Charlie up from his nap and was surprised to find that he wasn't in his crib--he was playing on the floor of his room!  I'm going to stick with the crib for a while and see how it goes, but I can't believe we're getting closer to a "big boy" bed.  [Go figure; after much debate, I decided not to move Charlie out of his crib and purchased Evie her own, and she hasn't even slept in it yet!]  Charlie is really into climbing on/out of everything right now.  Luckily, he usually gives me a heads up--when I hear him saying "monkney, monkney" ("monkey"), he is climbing on something. :) 

The last few days have been a bit crazy (Clint's been working crazy hours and Charlie's going through a clingy phase this week), but there have been some funny moments.  Charlie's new favorite words are "yay" and "okay," and his exaggerated, Texas-accented way of saying them just crack me up.  Everyone gets a yay--it was "Yay Meggie!" over and over when we purchased her Christmas gift, "Yay Dada!" every night when we get the phone call that Clint's on his way home, "Yay Mama!" when I get him out of bed, etc. :)  And thanks to Goldbug in Richard Scarry's "Cars, Trucks, and Things that Go," Charlie has developed a fascination with bugs.  He now leaps across the table to get the fly that's trapped in our house, and brings me little dead bugs that he finds, each time with a very excited "a bug!"

No comments:

Post a Comment