Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Papa's Birthday Weekend

Last weekend, my parents came in town to celebrate my dad's birthday. We had a wonderful, laid-back weekend and it was so much fun having the company. Charlie just adores Papa and Ali, so he was in heaven all weekend. On Friday night, we cooked burgers on the grills out by the pool and relaxed at the apartment. On Saturday night, we had a really fun dinner out with my parents, Sam, and Audra--capped off by a fun s'more dessert! We had brunch with my parents on Sunday morning before they left and Charlie clung to his Papa and screamed when we finally had to leave them. Made us feel a bit like terrible parents, but I do love that he loves my dad so much... :)

Charlie has developed a bit of an obsession--he insists on people (especially men) wearing his toy buckets as hats. It doesn't really seem to make him laugh; he just get agitated if people take them off when he thinks they should be on. My dad got the brunt of this over the weekend--since Clint was working most of the weekend, Papa was on hat duty most of the time. :)
And sometimes one hat just wasn't enough...

Uncle Sam was also forced to wear a hat when he came over to play. Below, the prison guard stares at his victim...
Finally, we did a bit of swimming over the HOT weekend as well. We have been loving the pool at the apartment! Charlie and I are in there almost every day, and we've recruited lots of company to join us. :)

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious. Your prison guard is tough. We need to come to the pool again soon. My brother is here this week and then I'm gone this weekend, but maybe next week?

    ReplyDelete