Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Shower for Baby V

I spent the past weekend in Houston celebrating the upcoming arrival of Baby Varner. Courtney, one of my very best friends, is expecting a baby in April and some of my other college friends and I got to host a shower for her. It was such a fun weekend--Courtney cooked a wonderful dinner for us on Friday, and Sarah and David were sweet enough to host the Dallas girls at their place for the weekend. We got lots of "girl" time in, and even got to try on bridesmaids dresses for Sarah's upcoming wedding, which was so exciting. We spent lots and lots of time talking babies and weddings--what a change from our college activities! :) This was also my first weekend away from Charlie, who stayed behind with his Daddy. Although I missed him terribly, the two of them seemed to have a great time together and it was kind of nice to have a few days to myself... :)

Here are the hostesses (minus Stephanie and Jill) with the lovely honoree.
The dessert table...almost ready for guests!
Kelly and Cooper came in from LA for the occasion and it was SO good to see them. Cooper is getting a new little sister in April--Kelly is due two days after Courtney!
Here's me with Courtney and Ann (who is also expecting!).
Now that the shower is over, I really cannot wait to meet Baby V!

No comments:

Post a Comment