Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Monday, March 17, 2014

Sibling Love

I know I have a million pictures of Charlie and Evie holding Ford, but they just can't get enough of him (and I can't get enough of them loving him).  I love hearing them call out "hi Fordy Ford!"  They talk so sweetly to him.  Today, Charlie told Ford, "Ford, you are the luckiest little baby in the whole world because so many people love you!"  Evie asks, every time she sees him, "can I hold baby Ford after he eats?"  We had a frightening incident the other day when I was getting the big kids ready for bed and Ford was lying on his play mat.  I looked down and saw Evie prying his eye open with her fingers.  I screamed, which frightened her quite a bit.  After assuring her that she hadn't hurt him yet, we had a long talk about not touching babies' (or anyone's) eyes, and how it could really hurt them.  Evie looked up at me with the most serious face and asked, "we only touch bad guys' eyes?"  I said yes and now that has become one of her big talking points.  She is very careful with Ford now and has not strayed from touching his feet and hair since.  Although I'm sure he cringes when he hears his wild brother and sister bounding over to him, Ford already seems to find them somewhat entertaining.  He has started smiling for them and definitely likes his play mat better when they are down there talking to him!





No comments:

Post a Comment