Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Charlie's Class Christmas Party

At Charlie's school, two of the moms are responsible for each holiday party.  I drew Christmas, and it was so fun getting ready for it.  (Ok, it started out fun, but got a lot less fun the day before the party when my first two desserts didn't turn out right, Charlie and Evie ate 30+ M&Ms while "helping" cook and turned wild and terrible on me, the winter storm knocked out our power for 10 hours, and I had a small fender-bender on the way to the party.  I don't think I've ever been so glad to get something over with!)

Here is sweet Charlie making our pretzel treats.  
SO happy with his endless supply of pretzels and chocolate kisses!
I was a tad bit harried when I finally got to the school, but we got the party set up just in time for the kids to get back from their post-lunch walk.  I felt so much better when Charlie ran in the room, gave me a huge hug, and said "Merry Christmas Mommy!" as he presented me with an adorable handprint ornament he had made for me. :)  I know it sounds cheesy, but my heart completely melted and the things that had gone wrong that day really didn't matter anymore.
The desserts that Charlie and I made are below.  He was SO proud of these cookies.  He kept proudly exclaiming that we had brought cookies to share with all of his friends.  The only trouble we got into at the party had to do with his indecision over which cookie to eat--he took a bite out a reindeer and a stocking, and then wanted to return those for a green tree.  I promised him a tree when we got home, but unfortunately for Charlie, one of his friends ate it before we could get to it.  He chastised her for doing so, and I had to make some quick apologies to the mom and whisk him out of the way. :)
As usual, Charlie was more into the food/drinks than the Christmas tree ornament craft.  I love crafts, but I just cannot get him interested.  Our little projects always involve me encouraging him along and then ending up finishing it myself.  This was not any different, but I must say, my tree looks great. :)
Charlie and I (with wet hair, thanks to the power outage) are below.  Evie was there, but didn't quite make it into our photo.  She was too busy stealing milk and cookies from the big kids and generally terrorizing the classroom.  I think I must have explained to people 20 times that she usually behaves better, but just hadn't had a nap yet that day.  I know they were probably thinking that I really just needed to get that baby under control!
Such a fun party with fun friends.  My favorite part was seeing how much fun Charlie had and how pleased he was that Evie and I had come to his school (and brought cookies).  I am very grateful for such sweet teachers and such a fun class!

No comments:

Post a Comment