Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Big Orange Pumpkin Farm

Bethany and I got super motivated last week and took Charlie, Evie, and Palmer up to Owens Big Orange Pumpkin Farm in Richardson.  It was really cute and we had such a fun morning exploring the place.  Charlie was a bit disappointed that he didn't get to drive a tractor (the conversation on the way up centered around what color tractor everyone would get.  Charlie and Palmer's were going to be black, brown, and white, Bethany and I got pink and purple ones, Palmer's daddy (?) got a green one, and Evie got a "baby" tractor).  He was satisfied, however, with the hayride, petting zoo, and hay maze.  


The boys loved the animals.  There were the cutest little donkeys and goats.  
Charlie still laughs when he remembers how the goats stuck their tongues out to try to get into his food cup.
 I tried to get Charlie into a shirt that matched Evie's cute little pumpkin outfit, but he moaned and groaned about having to wear a "baby" shirt.  He was much, much happier when I relented and let him wear his Levi's and boots.  Much more appropriate for a farm, don't you think?



 They even had a train!  Doesn't get much better than that.


 I tried to get a picture of the boys hugging.  Instead, it looks like P is trying to eat C's shoulder. :)

 I didn't have much more luck getting photos with the pumpkins.  I think it's impossible to get three toddlers to stay still at the same time.

 I couldn't even get two to stay still...

 Finally, success with one! ;)

 Bethany and P on the hayride.
 Evie loved the hayride.
 Me and my sweet kiddos.
For Charlie: a tractor AND a trailer.
 Charlie tried to open and close the gates here, but the Big Orange Pumpkin people weren't quite as happy about it as Papa is.  Poor guy, I think he misses Hickory Hills!

No comments:

Post a Comment