Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Saturday, July 14, 2012

A (Surprisingly) Jolly 4th of July

Although I was so sad to leave Seguin and all the family festivities down there, we returned to very happy news: Clint was given a day off on the 4!  When we woke up to two happy, healthy kids, we knew it was going to be a good day.  We (I) frantically searched my email for any Independence Day invitations that had previously been ignored, and set about crafting a fun day for us.

We started out with a quick photo session before the parade.  
Evie was a little drowsy, but you really couldn't tell she'd been sick.  I was so glad to have my healthy girl back.
Note Evie's bow--this is the first time I've actually gotten one to stay in her hair (which is finally coming in, slowly but surely).  I think she looks adorable, however, some kid at the parade yelled "Nice mohawk...I mean bow!" at her.  So random.  To make Evie feel better, I pointed out that his hair didn't look that great either. :)
My sweet patriotic little ones.

A close-up of the mohawk. :)
Then we met up with the Stoltzes and the Jordans for the Lakewood 4th of July parade.  I LOVE this parade.  It is so cute and feels just like a perfect small-town parade (it is missing the low-riders present at my small-town parade, but other than that, it's perfect :).
My kiddos watched very intently for the full 45-minute parade.  It was the perfect length, because they did not get bored at all.  The candy being thrown from the floats helped keep Charlie engaged. :)

Sweet Stoltz family.
Bethany and Palmer.




After the parade, we headed to an awesome swimming/bounce house/BBQ party.  It was so much fun.  I somehow forgot our swim suits, but we borrowed a swim diaper for Charlie, put an inflatable ring around him, and let him swim on his own.  He loved the freedom and was a wild man in the pool.  The rest of us were very jealous of him getting to cool off.  We had another swimming party after naps, then a fun dinner outside, and whisked the kids into bed.  We decided we'd wait another year for fireworks, as we were all totally exhausted by 8:00.  It was a wonderful day.  I missed all my Seguin family, but so glad that we got to spend a fun Independence Day with Clint!

No comments:

Post a Comment