Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Charlie!

Following a tearful week (I'm way too sentimental for my own good :), on Friday, May 11, Charlie finally turned 2.  I cannot believe my baby boy is TWO...it just sounds so old (until you see him unsuccessfully try to get his 2 fingers up--reminds just me how little he still is :).  He woke up to a balloon-decorated chair, a Matchbox helicopter and tractor, a new pair of sunglasses, and a card...
 Not surprisingly, the balloons were a big hit.  But not nearly as a big a hit as a helicopter!
 Two candles in the French toast...you've never seen anyone so thrilled to have "Happy Birthday" sang to him.

 The lovely little party guest.
 Charlie loves his new sunglasses.  Evie was pretty excited about them too. :)

 Daddy was working the night before and the night of Charlie's birthday, so we didn't get a ton of time with him, but he did take some time to open a couple of presents with Charlie.


 And he got a scooter!  SUCH a big hit.  We have been having so much fun with this!



 My parents were in town for the birthday extravaganza, so we decided to spend the birthday morning at the zoo.  We got caught in some rain showers, but that didn't stop us.  We had a great time.

Our fearless navigators, leading the way...






 Charlie likes the animals, but REALLY loves the safari jeep!
 The carousel is also a huge hit...
 ...with both kids!  Evie loved her zoo trip, and decided Charlie's birthday isn't half bad. :)

 My two little helpers helped me bake a cake when we got home from the zoo.
 Charlie learned all about licking the spoon.  I think I've created a monster!
 The finished product!
After a relaxing, fun, very special day celebrating our sweet little 2-year-old, we are finally ready for the big party.  More to come tomorrow... :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment