Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Our First Hospital Visit

This past Thursday was an exciting morning for us. Without going into too many of the gory details, I woke up with a terrible nosebleed that resulted in me coughing up a lot of blood. It was enough to scare Clint into action and we headed to the hospital around 6:00 a.m. They did some bloodwork and monitored the baby, who spent most of his morning attacking the holter monitor that was attached to me. Four hours later we were pronounced fine and sent home. Once our initial worries were assuaged, the hospital visit wasn't bad at all. We got to relax and watch in the Olympics in a very comfortable labor & delivery room. We were able to see where to go and what to do when we actually delivered and it seems like it will be a very comfortable, happy place. And the best part was that they did a sonogram and let us peek at our little boy. Doesn't he have the cutest profile?? :)

3 comments:

  1. Scary, but glad to hear all is ok! Hope you enjoyed relaxing in the hospital this time because next time I can promise there will not be any of that! Well, unless you call 'pushing' relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, how scary!!!! I'm so glad that you and the baby are ok. Hopefully the next hospital experience will be so much better and you'll be able to meet your son, at the right time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, scary! I had no idea. Coughing up blood would probably send me over the edge. I cannot even stand the taste of blood. SO glad that all is well and yes, his little profile IS precious. YAY for the posts!

    ReplyDelete