Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Lately

I know I have been absent from the blogosphere lately, but things are a little crazy in our house these days.  I have really been enjoying my time with sweet Ford, but even though he is as sweet as a baby could be, he has somehow added a big dose of CRAZY to our household.  By the time Clint and I get all three kids to bed at night (which sometimes doesn't happen until 9:00!), we are pretty exhausted.  I have been spending my evenings cuddling/bouncing/feeding/rocking Ford, trying to stay on top of emails and phone calls, planning Charlie's birthday party (done and done!), folding laundry, cleaning up from a busy day, getting ready for another busy day...in short, doing everything except blogging [I am uploading pictures from my camera right now and realized that I haven't done so for a month--might be a record for me!].  Aside from the introduction of sweet Ford, we have enjoyed a little stay-cation in Dallas, traveled to Seguin for Easter, finished up spring soccer, started tee ball (huge obsession right now), celebrated Charlie's FOURTH birthday (seriously, how did that happen??), got rid of Evie's paci, painted and set up Evie's big girl bed (still sleeping in a crib, however :), potty trained Evie (woo hoo!), had our last day of school, visited baby Annie in Austin, learned to swim (well, Charlie is swimming; sweet Evie thinks she can swim; hopefully I can convince her to wear her floaties this summer!), and so much more.  I badly want a record of this fun, sweet, crazy time in our lives, so I am vowing to get back in blogging action, as long as Ford cooperates by nicely going to bed in the evenings. :)  I don't want to forget this time in my life--the good or the bad.  I know I will look back on these days with such nostalgia, so it is good for me to remember how exhausting it is.  But Ford's huge gummy smiles, deep chuckle, and wiggling eyebrows make all of his high-maintenance ways totally worth it. :)  I am going to try to play some catch-up and will be back-dating my posts, so check back in if you want to see what we've been up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment