Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Baby Girl: 30 Weeks (and Counting)

I cannot believe that I am already 31.5 weeks pregnant.  This pregnancy is truly flying by.  Second pregnancies are different from the first in so many ways, but the speed at which they move is the most shocking!  I had my last checkup, with a sonogram (!), at 30 weeks and everything was just perfect.  The baby girl was so adorable on the sonogram and was just as active and wild as her brother (the sonogram tech said that at least she comes by it honestly).   She is BIG--at 30 weeks, she is estimated at 3 lbs., 12 oz. (average is 3 lbs.).  She has a big noggin', long legs, and a (relatively) small belly.  I am eager to see this oddly proportioned kid. :)  And although she appears to be as busy as Charlie, she is a much more cooperative fetus.  She was perfectly positioned (head down).  We are relieved to not have another stubbornly breech baby (I am hoping for a VBAC with this one).  She also had plenty of amniotic fluid, so everything seems to be proceeding perfectly.  The sonogram made me so excited to meet this little girl.  Now I just need to get started on her nursery--eeeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment