Charlie, Evie and Ford

Charlie, Evie and Ford

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Charlie's First REAL Snowstorm

Winter storm 2011 has been insane! Dallas has had almost a full week of ice, snow, and below-freezing temperatures. After having everything shut down due to ice and sleet on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, we got hit with 6 inches of beautiful snow early Friday morning (I don't think the people coming into town for the Super Bowl were as thrilled as we were :). Although it's still pretty cold, it is getting a bit warmer (the temps got up to 40 today), and Charlie and I have ventured out a bit in the snow. Charlie seemed so bewildered the first time we went outside and everything was covered in bright white snow. I don't think he had any idea what had happened to our yard. I so hope it does this again when he's a bit older--Clint and I were dying to take him sledding. :)

He was so excited to get down in the fluffy snow. The fact that it was freezing cold really did not seem to bother him a bit!

I don't know if you can tell, but Charlie is sitting on a trash bag since I didn't have a snowsuit to put on him (I've been cursing the sales lady at St. Bernard Sports who swore I wouldn't want one for him in Dallas). I think Charlie inherited his mother's gift for creative (ghetto) snow apparel. When I was four, it snowed 12 inches in Seguin. Since it almost never snows in South Texas, we didn't have snow boots, but that didn't stop us--apparently my cousins and I ran around all day with ziplock bags wrapped around our sneakers. :)
Charlie didn't stay on the trash bag for long--he was eager to dive in. :)
Our front yard on Friday morning.

We've spent a lot of time watching the snow inside where it's warm(er). I think Charlie has enjoyed having some time to explore the house, but we are looking forward to getting out and about again!

No comments:

Post a Comment